£3050 per attendeeEnquire About This CourseIn House Training
- Overview of the history of oil and gas, global trend affecting the industry
- Exploration and production processes in oil and gas
- Public participation in the oil and gas industry
- The role of public relations in the entire value chain of oil and gas industry
- Identify key issues and challenges of public relations in oil and gas industry
- Managing public relations challenges
- Stakeholders effect on public relations
- Strategies of effective public relations
- Legal elements and public Relations
- Principles used by PR practitioners to plan and implement communication campaign
- The role of internet, social media, email, twitter, blogs, television, newspaper, etc.
- How to identify and reach your audience
- Learn how to generate good publicity, address negative perceptions / publicity
- Corporate governance, legal frameworks & impact of petroleum law on public relations
- Understand the role of public relations is crisis management
- Definition an understanding of community
- Oil bearing community and crisis concept
- Perception of oil companies by oil bearing communities, characteristic of oil bearing communities, attitude of oil bearing communities
- Types of industry/ community crisis in oil and gas producing areas
- Causes of community crisis in oil bearing areas
- Guidelines for effective community relations
- Local content policy, Corporate social responsibility
- Crisis communication to the public
- Preparing for interview or giving public statement during crisis – what to say and not to say and how to say it
- Understand and prepare for crisis stress levels
- Manage crisis
- Diversity in setting up your public relations and crisis management team
- Turning crisis to opportunities/benefits
- Effect of politics on public relations/crisis management
- Environment, community relations, public relations and crisis management
- Case studies
The oil and gas industry is growing on daily basis and has become a paramount driver of the global economy. Amid the surging growth in the industry and importance are herculean challenges that public and community relations face in the industry. These challenges are both internal and external.
Today, management of oil and gas companies no longer report to their stockholders alone but to stakeholders – stockholders, employees, community members; where the companies operate, etc. This has increased the role of public and community relations professionals in the industry. The great shift in paradigm on how the oil and gas industry is operated makes it to be prone to crisis.
As crisis manifest in the oil and gas industry, public relations personnel as the spokespeople of the organisation alongside management have a crucial duty to perform in order to be alert, responsive, make the organisation to recover from crisis, turn those crisis into opportunities, maintain corporate social responsibility and ensure robust community relations as good neighbours.
This course will equip attendees with tools and strategies for effective public and community relations in the oil and gas industry. It will enable attendees to identify the challenges of PRs and crisis management in the industry and how to effectively apply PR/Community Relations in managing crisis.
This course involves presentations, instructions, case studies and role – play.
Who Should Attend
- PR consultants and press officers
- Public relations and community relations personnel
- Marketing and communication specialists
- Government and external affairs personnel
- Operations managers, drilling and production managers, supervisors
- Managers of all levels and team leaders that will benefit from this course
- Senior and middle managers in any area of the business
Continuing Professional Development
35 HOURS CPD