- The role of HR
- The structure of the HR department and key functions
- Recruitment and selection
- Occupational and Psychometric Testing
- The contract of employment
- Key documentation in employment
- Employee entitlements
- Managing employment relations
- Management development, mentoring and coaching
- Performance Management
- Employee engagement and motivation
- Equal opportunities
- Workplace diversity and individual difference
- Employee health safety and welfare
- Succession planning
- Talent Management
- Managing retirements
- Managing business reorganizations
- Managing workplace change
- Training programme Q & A
- Round up of the programme
Human Resource Management (HRM) is a process of bringing people and the organisation together so that goals are met and the results achieved as well as attaining higher morale, improved motivation, and team spirit. The role of HR manager has shifted from that of a personnel administrator, protector and screener to the role of a planner and proactive change agent. HR / Personnel Directors are the new corporate heroes, or should be. The name of the game today in business is personnel development and human capital. Nowadays it is not possible to show a good financial or operating report unless your personnel relations are healthy and thriving.
This training is delivered to clients as a 9-module programme, typically face to face, classroom based. This training course is exciting, proactive and dynamic, including videos, role plays, and practical exercises.
Consider the following points:
- ISO 9001 and ISO 9004 of 2000 quality standards focus more on people centric organizations. Organizations in the oil and gas industry now need to prepare themselves in order to address people centred issues with commitment from the top management, with renewed thrust on HR issues, more particularly on training.
- To leapfrog ahead of competition in this world of uncertainty, organizations have introduced six- sigma practices. Six- sigma uses rigorous analytical tools with leadership from the top and develops a method for sustainable improvement. These practices improve organizational values and helps in creating defect free product or services at minimum cost.
- Human Resource Outsourcing (HRO) is a new accession that makes a traditional HR department redundant in an organization.
- International HRM places greater emphasis on a number of responsibilities and functions such as relocation, orientation, and translation services to help employees adapt to a new and different environment outside their own country.
Due to the new trends in HR, the HR manager should treat people as resources (human capital), reward them equitably, and integrate their aspirations with corporate goals through suitable HR policies. This is easier said than done and a matrix of related benchmarks and scorecards are needed to be constructed and integrated to achieve this goal to award performance while recognising problems and dealing with them professionally and swiftly.
Who Should Attend
This course is for HR Directors and Managers in the oil and gas industry who wish to learn about the latest trends and developments in HR. It will help them to better appreciate and understand the organisation’s human capital and how to make the best use of its capacity and potential to improve the business performance.
Continuing Professional Development
35 HOURS CPD