12 December, 2022 - 16 December, 2022Book Course
5 March, 2023 - 9 March, 2023Book Course
17 July, 2023 - 21 July, 2023Book Course
Enquire About This CourseAsk us about this course and a course tutor will be in touch.
Enquire About This Course LocationAsk us about this course and a course tutor will be in touch.
Email This CourseSend this course to yourself or to a friend/colleague.
- Formulation of equations
- Coordinate geometries and model types
- Reservoir simulator features
- Well modelling overview
- Building the model
- Defining initial conditions
- History matching
- Fine vs. coarse gridding, Upscaling, LGR, Heterogeneity modelling
- Pseudo functions, Vertical Equilibrium
- Compositional reservoir simulation
- Simulation of fractured reservoirs – numerical model, matrix-fracture exchange, recovery processes
- Simulation Walkthrough
- Overview of the simulation process: Conducting a study
* Classical Analysis
* Reservoir Simulation Overview
* Formulation of Equations
* Data Preparation
– Data Description and Preparation
– Description of Input Data
* Gridding and Cross Bedding
* Grid Orientation
* Vertical Equilibrium
* Simulation Walkthrough
* History Matching
* Well Modelling
* Integrated Production System Modelling
Reservoir Simulation Principles and Practices Training Course
This training course will provide a comprehensive coverage of the simulation key topics, challenges, pitfalls and the approach to a quality result.
The participants will be trained in the methods and use of simulation software for practical exercises throughout this course.
- Numerical physics of reservoir simulation.
- Data requirements for conducting a study.
- Current practice in using coarse and finely gridded models to incorporate heterogeneity.
- Simulation study approach which leads to a quality result.
- Different types of models available, i.e. compositional, dual porosity, etc.
Who Should Attend
This short course is designed for junior to mid-senior level reservoir engineers who want to “fast track” in reservoir simulation by a comprehensive overview of the key topics and practical aspects.
Continuing Professional Development
35 HOURS CPD