The course is made up of basic environmental awareness and practices essential in the workplace. Topics include:
• The meanings of basic environmental terms
• Importance and benefits of sustainable development
• The individual’s role in a certified Environmental Management System (EMS)
• Air, water and land pollution
• Dealing with emergencies
Foundations of Environmental Awareness- The meaning of environment, habitats, ecosystems, pollution and sustainability
• The importance and benefits of sustainable development
• Environmental management systems (EMS)
Pollution, impact assessments and emergencies: Principles and practice of impact (risk) assessments
• The main sources, types, control and impacts of air pollution
• The main sources, controls and impacts of water pollution
• The main sources, controls and impacts of environmental noise
• Types of waste and waste management
• Dealing with environmental emergencies
The NEBOSH Environmental Awareness at Work Qualification provides a useful introduction to environmental issues at work. It highlights the role workers can play in improving organisational environmental performance and will aid understanding of environmental impacts and risk control.
It is ideal for any organisation looking to introduce or maintain an Environmental Management System, or who are looking to improve their environmental performance.
Who Should Attend
It is suitable for employees at all levels who need a good basic understanding of environmental issues in the workplace.