Wellsite Operations Management
Who Should Attend
This is a 5-day training course for drilling and completion engineers, supervisors, wellsite managers, service company supervisors, supply company managers, logistics personnel, operations personnel and information technology personnel.
Learn how to reduce the time/cost of wellsite operations without compromising safety. Receive hands on training with computer software designed to capture and analyze wellsite data. Learn how to use proper leadership, communication and experience along with data analysis to predict and solve wellsite problems. Learn how to build a database of “company knowledge”.
Continuing Professional Development
35 HOURS CPD
- Communication Skills – verbal and non-verbal, listening, conflict resolution.
- Leadership skills -Identification of operations team members, following a chain of command.
- Daily operation planning to set goals and avoid problems.
- Wellsite operations planning and design.
- Wellsite operations data acquisition.
- Analyzing data to change it into information.
- How to combine experience with information to create knowledge.
- How to capture and share knowledge using a “Company Knowledge Bank”.
- Using a “Company Knowledge Bank” to predict and solve problems.
- Wellsite management principles
- What causes failure to perform operations
- How knowledge management systems work
- Drilling & Completion procedures
- Daily reporting and planning
- Daily operations management
- Managing time & cost of operations
Communications/Leadership, Well Design & Planning
- How communication affects operation success
- How to manage conflict
- Importance of leadership
- Breaking down the well plan
Using modern software systems for well planning, monitoring and communication
Practicing the use of software to improve performance and record lessons learned in knowledge management system.
Equipment inspection, HSE
- When and where to inspect equipment
- Proper equipment record keeping
- Job Safety Analysis
Anyone involved in wellsite operations that would benefit from using modern data acquisition and processing software to improve their company’s performance on the wellsite and/or communication between the wellsite and the office.
Designed as a five-day course, but could be “customized” for an in-house setting.
London, United Kingdom
24-28 July 2017
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
10-14 September 2017
Houston, Texas, United States
9-13 October 2017