8 August, 2022 - 12 August, 2022Book Course
24 October, 2022 - 28 October, 2022Book Course
Enquire About This CourseAsk us about this course and a course tutor will be in touch.
Enquire About This Course LocationAsk us about this course and a course tutor will be in touch.
Email This CourseSend this course to yourself or to a friend/colleague.
Element 1: Health, Safety and Environmental Management in Context
• Explain the purpose of and procedures for investigating incidents and how the lessons learnt.
• can be used to improve health and safety in the oil and gas industries.
• Explain the hazards inherent in oil and gas arising from the extraction, storage, and processing of raw materials and products.
• Outline the risk management techniques used in the oil and gas industries:
• Explain the purpose and content of safety cases and safety reports in the oil and gas industries.
Element 2: Hydrocarbon Process Safety 1
• Explain the principles of assessing and managing contractors, including the roles of parties involved
• Outline the tools, standards, measurement, competency requirements and controls applicable to Process Safety Management (PSM) in the oil and gas industries
• Explain the role and purpose of a permit-to-work system
• Explain the key principles of safe shift handover
• Explain the importance of safe plant operation and maintenance of hydrocarbon containing equipment and processes
• Outline the hazards, risks and controls to ensure safe start up and shut down of hydrocarbon containing equipment and processes
Element 3: Hydrocarbon Process Safety 2
• Outline types of failure modes that may lead to loss of containment from hydrocarbon
• Outline types of failures that may lead to loss of containment from hydrocarbon
• Outline the controls available to maintain safety critical equipment
• Outline the hazards, risks and controls available for safe containment of hydrocarbons offshore and onshore
• Outline the fire hazards, risks and controls relating to hydrocarbons
• Outline the hazards, risks and controls available for operating boilers and furnaces
Element 4: Fire protection and emergency response
• Outline appropriate control measures to minimise the effects of fire and explosion in the oil and gas industries
• Outline the principles, procedures and resources for effective emergency response
Element 5: Logistics and Transport Operations
• Identify the main hazards of and suitable controls for marine transport in the oil and gas industries
• Identify the main hazards of and suitable controls for land transport in the oil and gas Industries
There is also a 2-hour written examination.
This qualification provides the key knowledge, which enables holders to identify, assess and manage a range of workplaces hazards. It is based on international standards and management systems that enable effective discharge of workplace safety responsibilities both onshore and offshore.
NEBOSH courses are very popular around the world and recognised by the relevant professional membership bodies.
From attending this course, you will gain knowledge. The NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety will give you vital understanding to help you perform better in your role.
You’ll discover techniques that are useful and practical in your industry, not just theoretical.
The NEBOSH name is a mark of excellence in the field of health and safety throughout the world. It’s what employers ask for.
Holding a NEBOSH qualification can help you stand out and bring you success and advancement.
Who Should Attend
This qualification is for those working in the oil and gas industries or related industries, who wish to gain a sound understanding of the principles of operational health and safety that apply in their specialist area. Such as managers, supervisors and employee representatives.
It is recommended that there should be a sound knowledge in the area of health and safety issues prior to taking the course which is equal to NEBOSH International or National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.