17 October, 2022 - 20 October, 2022Book Course
21 November, 2022 - 24 November, 2022Book Course
Enquire About This CourseAsk us about this course and a course tutor will be in touch.
Enquire About This Course LocationAsk us about this course and a course tutor will be in touch.
Email This CourseSend this course to yourself or to a friend/colleague.
The NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work consists of two Units which must be successfully completed within six months to achieve the NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety qualification.
Unit HSW1: Workplace Safety Foundations
• The Foundations of Health and Safety
• The Responsibility for Health and Safety
• Health and Safety Risk Assessment and Control
• Hazards and Controls Associated with Work Equipment
• Transport Safety
• Hazards and Controls Associated with Working with Electricity
• Fire Safety
• Hazards and Controls Associated with Manual Handling and Repetitive Movement
• Hazards and Controls Associated with Hazardous Substances
• Hazards and Controls Associated with the Working Environment
Unit HSW2: Workplace Risk Assessment
Units HSW1 of the NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work is assessed by a one-hour multiple choice examination. Unit HSW2 is assessed by a one-hour work based risk assessment carried out in your workplace (or another suitable workplace).
Exams are held throughout the year
Element 1: The Foundations of Health and Safety- Health, safety and welfare
• Accident, dangerous occurrence, near-miss and work-related ill-health
• Health, safety and workplace fire law and guidance
• Health, safety and workplace fire enforcing agencies and inspectors
• The moral, legal and financial reasons
• The sources of health and safety information
Element 2: The responsibility for health and safety
• Roles and responsibilities of people within an organisation
• Consultation Health and safety policy
• Hazard identification, risk assessment and control Communication
• Monitoring and checking health and safety performance Identifying causes and investigating accidents Root cause analysis flow chart
• Accident recording and reporting
• Accident Investigation
Element 3: Health and Safety Risk Assessment and Control
• Meaning of hazard, risk and risk assessment
• Common workplace hazards
• Aims and objectives of risk assessment Adequate risk assessment
• The five steps Controlling health and safety risks – principles, hierarchy of control The role of monitoring and surveillance
• Common safety signs
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Qualification is an introduction to health and safety in the workplace.
The qualification covers the principles of health and safety rather than specific law. Its focus is on common workplace hazards and how to identify and control them. The qualification includes a practical requirement to carry out a risk assessment. There is also the option to tailor content covering specific hazards and risks faced by a company or sector.
Who Should Attend
This qualification is for anyone who needs to gain a basic understanding of the principles of workplace health and safety. It’s a health and safety qualification for beginners and no prior knowledge of the subject is required.